Level 4 Diploma in Learning and Development
This qualification is aimed at
This qualification requires the achievement of a minimum of 45 credits. The structure provides two routes: one for the advanced learning and development practitioner and the other for people involved in managing learning and development provision.
Target groups for this qualification include:
- practitioners with relatively complex skills and significant autonomy who work across several, if not all, phases of the Learning and Development cycle
- people who manage Learning and Development provision at the operational level; and
- people whose job roles involve a mixture of practice and management.
How does the candidate achieve this qualification?
Candidates will have to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and competence against the performance standards within this qualification.
Candidates usually attend and induction and initial assessment planning after which, as this type of qualification is principally candidate led, they will then work at their pace in their work environments generating the evidence required to meet the standards.
For the induction, candidates can:
- attend a face-to-face closed induction and initial assessment planning session within a group of candidates within a single organisation, or
- attend a face-to-face open induction and initial assessment planning session with a group of mixed candidates, or
- work through the Online Learning Materials (distance learning) for this Unit.
Some units within this qualification may require Observation of the candidate by a qualified assessor performing an agreed but prescribed task. When the candidate has generated enough or all of the evidence required to meet the standards, this evidence can be submitted via an ePortfolio or by Paper Based Portfolio (postal submission).