For the delegate to be able to understand Data Protection Law and the EU GDPR an outline the obligations that the regulations impose on organisations and individuals, and the rights of Data Subjects.
The course will cover:
1) the 6 Principles and their meaning plus identifying the implications of these Principles on organisations;
2) the purpose of the Data Protection Law and the GDPR;
3) the scope of GDPR;
4) the requirements and obligations imposed on organisations;
5) the rights of Data Subjects;
6) an outline of the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the Privacy Framework;
7) and identify the role of the Supervisory Authority and the options, and penalties open to them;
We will also, but not in depth, touch upon
8) the obligations for International Data transfers
9) GDPR, Law Enforcement and National Security.
This course aimed at:
This is a course designed to raise a wider awareness of the obligations under GDPR and Data Protection law, and is suited to those working within the Privacy Framework and need to understand the Data Protection and GDPR environment but not with responsibility for designing or implementing it.
Prerequisites to attending this course and delivery method:
There are no prior requirements to attending this course.
The course is delivered face-to-face as a group. It will be interactive involving group and individual exercises, visual aids, case studies and group discussion.
Handouts will be provided in digital form as PDFs and other Microsoft Office file formats. The PDF handouts will have Comments Enabled to allow you to make notes directly onto the file. If you prefer a hard copy of the handouts, you can print these and bring them with you or we can provide a set for a small cost.
The above course/programme is available for groups within a single organisation. We also run this course through as an Open Course/Programme. Check with us for the next available date.
Want to Know More?
When you Submit the enquiry form you will be sending us your Personal Data. To understand how we handle your data please read our Privacy Statement and Policy.