Qualification: Level 3 Award in Facilitating Learning and Development
Level 3 Award in Facilitating Learning and Development
This qualification is aimed at
This qualification requires the achievement of 12 credits, made up of two (2) units. The practitioner must have both the knowledge and understanding of learning and development, and evidence that they can apply this knowledge and understanding by working in one of two contexts – either with groups of learners or with individual learners.
Target groups for this qualification include:
- people who are entering the field of learning and development practice and need to demonstrate a minimum ‘threshold’ level of competence to facilitate learning and development of limited scope;
- people who have learning and development practice as a small part of their overall job responsibilities €“ for example as experienced workers or team leaders working with new staff or trainees or as workplace coaches/mentors working with apprentices; and
- work-based assessors who facilitate the development of as well as assess people and wish to supplement their assessment qualification.
How does the candidate achieve this qualification?
Candidates will have to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and competence against the performance standards within this qualification.
Candidates usually attend and induction and initial assessment planning after which, as this type of qualification is principally candidate led, they will then work at their pace in their work environments generating the evidence required to meet the standards.
For the induction, candidates can:
- attend a face-to-face closed induction and initial assessment planning session within a group of candidates within a single organisation, or
- attend a face-to-face open induction and initial assessment planning session with a group of mixed candidates, or
- work through the Online Learning Materials (distance learning) for this Unit.
When the candidate has generated enough or all of the evidence required to meet the standards, this evidence can be submitted via an ePortfolio or by Paper Based Portfolio (postal submission).