Qualification: Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development
Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development
This qualification is aimed at
This qualification requires the achievement of a minimum of 30 credits. In addition to the units that make up the Level 3 Award in Facilitating Learning and Development, practitioners must achieve a unit in continuing professional development. To achieve the full Level 3 Certificate they must select further 12 credits from a range of optional units which include, for example, learning needs analysis, working with both groups and individuals, planning learning and development sessions and resources, assessing learners, providing information and advice to learners and employers, supporting learners through the learning and development process and engaging with employers.
Target groups for this qualification include:
- learning and development practitioners who cover several phases of the learning and development cycle in their work (at level 3), probably as a major part of their work role; and
- people who have achieved one of the Level 3 Awards and wish to develop their practice further.
How does the candidate achieve this qualification?
Candidates will have to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and competence against the performance standards within this qualification.
Candidates usually attend and induction and initial assessment planning after which, as this type of qualification is principally candidate led, they will then work at their pace in their work environments generating the evidence required to meet the standards.
For the induction, candidates can:
- attend a face-to-face closed induction and initial assessment planning session within a group of candidates within a single organisation, or
- attend a face-to-face open induction and initial assessment planning session with a group of mixed candidates, or
- work through the Online Learning Materials (distance learning) for this Unit.
When the candidate has generated enough or all of the evidence required to meet the standards, this evidence can be submitted via an ePortfolio or by Paper Based Portfolio (postal submission).