Level 4 Award in Learning and Development
This qualification is aimed at
This qualification requires the achievement of a minimum of 12 credits. The qualification includes a six (6) credit mandatory knowledge unit on the principles, theory and practice of learning and development and a range of other practice-based units.
Target groups for this qualification include:
- people who wish to get a ‘grounding’ in Learning and Development at a higher level as they wish to become advanced practitioners in the future, but currently have no opportunity to practice at this level
- people who wish to demonstrate a minimum ‘threshold’ level of competence in advanced practice or operational management of Learning and Development provision; and
- people who wish to demonstrate continuing professional development at this level in either Learning and Development or the management of Learning and Development provision.
How does the candidate achieve this qualification?
Candidates will have to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and competence against the performance standards within this qualification.
Candidates usually attend and induction and initial assessment planning after which, as this type of qualification is principally candidate led, they will then work at their pace in their work environments generating the evidence required to meet the standards.
For the induction, candidates can:
- attend a face-to-face closed induction and initial assessment planning session within a group of candidates within a single organisation, or
- attend a face-to-face open induction and initial assessment planning session with a group of mixed candidates, or
- work through the Online Learning Materials (distance learning) for this Unit.
Some units within this qualification may require Observation of the candidate by a qualified assessor performing an agreed but prescribed task. When the candidate has generated enough or all of the evidence required to meet the standards, this evidence can be submitted via an ePortfolio or by Paper Based Portfolio (postal submission).