This is the replacement for PTLLS
Who is the qualification for?
- For candidates who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
- For candidates who are not in a teaching/training role, or who have just started a teaching/training role
- For candidates who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- For candidates who have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification.
- For candidates who have completed the City & Guilds trainer skills or introduction to training qualifications ( 7300 and 1106-01)
What does the qualification cover?
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector;
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- assessment of learners
- facilitating learning and development for individuals
- facilitating learning and development in groups
- understanding principles and practices of assessment